It might be the sleep deprivation talking, but it has occurred to me on more than one occasion that two of my favorite things in this world—The Walking Dead and being the parent of an adorably sweet, fresh-out-of-the-swaddle newborn—have more than a few things in common.
In between sips of highly caffeinated beverages, let me present my case.…
10. Everyone’s always a little bit dirty, sweaty and unshowered.
9. Success and survival are much more likely when you’re working as a team.
8. But sometimes it’s every woman for herself.
7. Make one little noise at the wrong time and you’re totally screwed.
6. You worry that every little thing you do now will screw up your kid forever.
5. Those under-eye circles aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.
4. When you’ve been pushed to your limit and you’re on the verge of giving up, a truly beautiful moment will emerge.
3. All the emotions can be so…emotional.
2. Occasionally, life beats you down—and smacks you in the face.
1. But the wonderful little things make it all worth it in the end.
If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to like and share it!